Memorable Quotes:

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

Ernest Hemingway

"While I breathe, I hope." SC State Motto

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It's being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola...and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." Unknown



background

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Visit with Family

Aunt Donna and Granddaddy came up to SC to visit this weekend. Aunt Donna was an angel and stayed with us while Gunny was in the hospital and began his recuperation here at home. It's going to be a long haul, but all looks good right now. Gunny is doing as well as can be expected. Thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes; I know they helped! At any rate, on Saturday, as I was getting everything in line for the LE Prom (ack!), Aunt Donna took the girls up to the lake to visit with my Daddy's side of the family. Sara-Kate got to see her cousin Allie-Ann for only the second time, and Lillie met her for the first time. I've stolen a couple of pictures from Wendy's blog to post here. I hope she doesn't mind! Allie-Ann is an absolute doll - isn't she? From what I hear, she and Sara-Kate are still working on mastering the concept of sharing. Maybe this will be the start of a wonderful relationship. :)

No comments: